The Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest is a costume contest where cosplayers can show off their crafting skills without having to appear on stage. This contest focuses solely on workmanship, and does not contain any presentation aspect.
Cosplayers will sign up for scheduled appointments throughout the weekend where they will have ten minutes with our judges to show off all of their hard work. After their judging is completed they will have time with our photographer to get some photos of their costume.
Daily “Best Of” Awards will be given out at the end of each day, with a full awards ceremony to be held on Sunday that will announce all of the awards including “Best in Class” and
“Best in Show” Awards.
If you cannot attend the awards ceremony, Don’t worry! unclaimed awards will be mailed to their winners!
Contestants are encouraged to pre-register online to guarantee their spot! Click here to register now!*. Contestants may also enter in person at the Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Registration table located in the Community Area should appointments still be available. Time slots are given on a first come, first served basis.
*Pre-registered online? A member of our contest team will contact you to confirm your appointment timeslot.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Contestants may enter any type of costume they wish. This includes anime/manga, comics, film/television, steampunk, original designs, and anything else.
- Please feel free to bring in progress photos and any references you wish. If your costume is a recreation, it may be beneficial to bring in images of the design it is based on. Please note that only printed references will be accepted (no usb drives or cell phone images).
- Judging will take place at the Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Booth located in the Community Area.
- Be on time for your appointment! It is advisable to head to the judging room five to ten minutes early. If you miss your appointment, you will not be guaranteed another spot.
- You must arrive to your appointment fully dressed and ready to be judged. Change rooms will not available.
- Your judging will only be based on the items you made yourself, however it is permitted to wear some items bought or commissioned. If you are wearing any items bought as part of your costume, they must be pointed out to the judges so they can be omitted from your judging.
- Only solo entries are allowed, no groups are permitted.
- You may enter with your costume on a model. In this case only the model’s costume would be judged, but the creator of the costume would receive the award.
- You may only enter one costume (You may not enter once with a costume on yourself and a second time with a costume on a model).
- You may not enter in a costume that has already won a craftsmanship award at any other convention.
- Photos from the contest will be made available online after the event.
- If your costume is deemed to not be “PG-13” appropriate, your photos will not be shared publically online.
- If you have pre-registered for an appointment online you must check in and confirm your appointment at the Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest registration table at least two hours prior to your appointment, otherwise your time slot will be given to another contestant. You can confirm at any day or time before the two hour deadline.
All decisions made by our judges are final.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email CosplayCraftsmanshipContest@gmail.com